Tuesday 3 March 2015

Word

I'd invented it three weeks ago and told everyone. Maybe I'd heard it somewhere, but I guess not. So yesterday when a student came up with stressed as backward desserts in what might turn out to be her finest language moment of the semester, I chimed in with my own champ, shopportunity (#3 on my personal hall of fame, after autogeography, which for a while I called my new book, and in the days of grad school theory textu(re)ality).
Students know it's easy to take interest in a word, when they're invited to. It will break through, that word, into smiles or a twitch of eye at least, maybe laughs. 
We'll see tomorrow. With the fabulous John Newlove poem a student selected, I want to see if any of the words are fun backwards, by the way. If someone says "shouldn't we be talking about that ending or what the title does?" I suppose that's what we'll do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If a man can bridge the gap between life and death, if he can live on after he's dead, then maybe he was a great man. See the link below for more info.


#maybe
www.ufgop.org

Unknown said...


Every time we encounter failure and disappointments in life,
we run to our friends first rather than to our parents maybe because
we are more confident to tell everything to them.Our parent can also be our friend,
but sometimes we distance ourselves to them because of fear which should not be in
our mindset. Visit my site #n8fan. Thanks.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.ne